The Bremberger company - or, to give it its full title, "Buchdruckerei Gebr. Bremberger" - was originally founded in 1948 in Munich. Alongside letterhead paper, business cards and similar material, the company's main business at the outset was printing forms such as post bus timetables for the German railway and post office.
In the early fifties, Bremberger expanded into a second production facility and installed a six-colour aniline press (the forerunner of modern flexographic printers) to meet the rising demand for business forms. The new equipment was able to print both sides of the web at a single pass (which reduced costs), and to affix wet adhesives and hot-carbonize paper for forms sets.
In 1955 Bremberger installed its first five-colour gravure press for printing catalogues and flexible packaging for disposable face wipes. Two years later the company relocated again, this time to its own premises in the Neuhausen district of Munich, combining its two production facilities at a single site.
More groundbreaking equipment arrived in 1966, with the installation of the first two-colour offset press, the initial step in Bremberger's steady transition from book-printing to the offset print business. The company also upgraded its own fleet of bookbinding equipment by adding folding units, perfect binders and automatic three-side trimmers. The packaging printing business was boosted in 1993 by the arrival of a wide-format central impression cylinder (CIC) flexo press to replace the old gravure presses.
With the business continuing to expand, Bremberger eventually outgrew its premises in Munich and relocated to its present facilities in 2003. The location may be new, but the philosophy is the same: to meet and exceed our customers' expectations of a modern print service provider and to lead the way in the production of superior-quality, value-added print products.